Summary of the regular meeting of the Tate Township trustees that was held September 14,2021.
- Trustees approved the meeting minutes from August 2021 budget. Click for the approved August 2021 minutes. Aug 10 2021 Mtg. You can find all past Tate Township approved meeting minutes HERE.
- BTFD August report- BTFD Aug 2021 Update The department made 141 EMS calss and 50 FD calls with response time averaging 5 minutes. The fire department estimates $1,065,000 saved and $5,750 lost to damages. The business fire (across from BT high school) was totally enguklfed when the fire department arrived.Hydrants have been ordered with a future total of 60 to be ordered as part of grant money recently received for hydrant purchase. They are working together with Tate Monroe Water to place them. In new business, Brian O’Neil submitted his retirement letter effective 12/1/21.
- Cemetery report- In August 2021, there were 5 burials and 8 foundations ordered.
- Roads report- The crew replaced 2 culverts and have Wilson Road ready to pave. They are continue to work on securing grant money to widen some township roads.
- Zoning report- 9 permits were issued (2 single family dwellings, 2 garage, 2 accessory buildings, 2 decks, and 1 swimming pool).
- Public participation- Barbara Isemann, representing On Our Way Home, a nonprofit public charity, spoke to the trustees and residents in attendance about the recovery home they have planned for a home they have purchased in Tate Township. About 20 residents voiced their concerns and suggestions. A lawyer from the Clermont County Prosecutor’s office spoke up about the Federal Fair Housing Authority, which prevents local governments from making policies that discriminate against groups such as recovery addicts. The trustees allowed a 2+ hour open discussion so that all opinions could be heard. The charity web site is http://www.OnOurWayHome.org
- Next regular trustee meeting is October 12, 2021 at 7pm.