Summary of the April meeting of the Tate Township Trustees that was held 04/10/18.
- Comments and questions for the trustees: Neighbors are complaining about trailers on Donald road that have been there awhile. The trustees acknowledged their issue and assured them that Zoning has been working on it for 2 years. George Eckert explained the steps and mediation he has been through with this property. This is a process that has to go through the court system which also takes a lot of time.
- Tom Bixler came to the meeting to explain who he is and why he is running for county commissioner in May.
- Deputy Pike said he has a work task force lined up to help with the Tate Township clean-up this Friday and Saturday. He will be checking IDs to be sure they are in the township.
- Chief Stowell reported the Bethel-Tate Fire Department & EMS responded to 166 emergencies in March, 38 fire & 128 ambulance runs. Average time to leave the station was 1 1/2 minutes and they averaged 5 1/2 minutes to be on the scene. The complete BTFD Mar 2018 Update is on the BTFD page. They are still waiting on word for breathing pads grant application but they have heard that the pumper tank grant has been denied. The ladder truck is in Columbus getting the cylinders fixed. The trustees approved a motion to purchase the extended warranty on the heart monitors that communicate when they are in route with/to the hospitals.
- Please go to the middle school on Thursday, April 19, 2018 to support the Ladies Auxiliary Quarter Auction. All the money is used to help purchase needed items for the fire department.
- Ed Stanley- reported 7 funerals in March and 3 foundation orders. Once it gets dry enough to get heavy equipment out, they will be able to form the foundations and place the 18 stones on graves. Meanwhile, the crew has been replacing road signs on the township roads with over 400 poles and signs so far. These were purchased through a State grant at no cost to the residents. We have received word that the Trisler Road culvert and pavement replacement grant has been awarded. Tate Township’s matching portion will be $24,000. The focus of the road repair work this summer will be on Happy Hollow Road. The trustees opened the 3 bids and will compare their specifics and announce who the job is awarded to soon. Once the road department is finished with the ditching and repairing, the paving company will repave Happy Hollow Road.