The September Tate Township meeting was held 9/12/17. Here is an overview of what happened. The actual minutes are officially approved at the next (October) meeting.
- The Zoning report is that 12 permits were issued in the last 2 months (July & August). George said he has been busy issuing violation letters for unlicensed vehicles sitting around houses and also for unkempt yards.
- Officer Pike reported that he made 62 calls in August and 8 warrant arrests. He brought printed out stats sheets for the trustees and said that he will continue to do so.
- Chief Stowell reported that the 2005 ambulance is out of service. The problem is related to the air ride. They have the new ambulance on order. In August, when Duke Energy had a planned power outage, the Bethel-Tate Fire Department had a power surge that destroyed the outside AC unit. Duke has denied the claim Rick made for them to pay and now it will go to insurance coverage.
- The CC Sheriff’s department, the Bethel Police, US Grant Career Center, and Bethel-Tate Schools are all working together to plan an active shooter drill. The planning committee is meeting next week.
- There were 9 funerals held in the cemetery in August. The trustees asked if there was room to store the shepherd’s hooks a little longer in case there are still residents that want to pick them up. Ed said that they may need that barn to store the new signs that are already ordered but not here yet. If he has to make room for the signs, the hooks and other ornaments will be sent to be recycled.
- The Road and Maintenance department reports that they sold the F-650 in an online auction and the F-450, which is a 2001 needs to be sold because the pump for the salt spreader is worn out and no longer reliable. It will be put up for auction on the same site. They had the new F-550 undercoated to help protect it against the salt and make it last longer.
- The Bethel-Tate School District has asked to get their salt from the Township this winter. Ed will contact John Burns from the district to work out a plan.
- The trustees passed resolutions to have 2 houses condemned so that they can be torn down by the township. This is all part of the procedure with the County to be able to take them down.