The December meeting of the Tate Township Trustees was held 12/11/17. Here is a summary of the meeting events. The approved minutes are posted to the Meeting minutes page.
Special Re-organizational meeting 5:00 pm: The trustees and department chairs met in executive session to discuss personnel. In the open meeting, the trustees accepted all resolutions for pay and zoning fee changes. An amendment was made to appoint John Wilson to the zoning appeals board. A motion was made to appoint Diane Eckert to close the cemetery gates at dusk & open and close them on weekends.
December Regular meeting 7:00 pm:
- A representative for the garbage collection/waste bids came to talk to the township. They have rejected all bids because of the terms and will ask for new bids with clarification and change the contract request to 3 or less. They expect bids back in February. The next step is to hear the bids from the other companies (Solid Waste & Republic) in February or March.
- Zoning- George Eckert reports there were 4 new home permits and 1 garage permit. The house on Brown Street went up for sheriffs auction on 12/17/17. On Donald Road, the camper in front of the mobile home is up for sale and they say the side yard camper is not being used to live in.. On Jones Florer Road, the garage burned and the owners are cleaning it up. He is working to get a yard cleaned up on Swings Corner Road. New news: A house on St Rt 133 that he has posted notes on the home and sent letters. The owner said they are trying to find a contractor and lawn care service to fix the issue.
- Cemetery & Roads- Ed Stanley reports there were 8 funerals in November, 10 graves sold with 4 to township residents and 6 to out of township residents. Stanley asked trustees to consider banning a dome vault int the Township cemetery. Reed said he needed more time before making a decision.
- The cemetery would like to have one area dedicated to cremation burials. The plots are sized smaller and flat stones would be required. They would sell for $200 each
- The 550 dump truck is working well. The crew needs a chain saw that will fit into the truck. The trustees approved the purchase of a Stihl saw with 2 extra chains and a bar cover.
- A laser transit is needed to do the ditch work and culverts to measure fall for water flow. The trustees approved the purchase of a new transit.