Local Bethel-Tate Fire/EMS Information
Bethel-Tate Fire/EMS 2023 Information:
- The Bethel-Tate Fire Department (BTFD) is the 7th busiest department out of 15 departments in Clermont County. The fire and EMS calls average 2,100 each year.
- Proud of being rated an ISO class 3/3Y for the first time since the department was organized putting BTFD in the top 12% in the US.
- Fire and EMS grants are competitive and hard to get. Bethel-Tate’s fire department has received over $2,000,000 in grants over the last 5 years.
- 2017- FEMA grant for $$235,000 for air packas and breathing air compressor.
- 2018- Community Block Development Grant (Cler Cty) for $100,000 to repave and stripe the firehouse oarking lot.
- 2018- FEMA grant for$131,000 for new fire hose and nozzles.
- 2019- FEMA grant for $175,000 for 2 complete sets of hydraulic, battery powered auto extrication tools and stabilizer jacks.
- 2020- FEMA grant for $460,000 for a $2,500 gallon pumper/tanker to replace 2 trucks.
- All FEMA grants are 95% funded with a 5% match.
- 2021- FEMA SAFER grant for %903,000 to pay for 3 additional firefighter/EMTs that is 100% funded for three years.
- Bethel-Tate FD personnel
- Conduct over 200 fire safety inspections annually at village and township businesses, churches, schools, and multi-family apartment buildings.
- Issue open burning permits.
- Visit the schools to teach fire prevention and safety.
- Moniter school fire drills, tornado drills, and train on active shooter drills.
- Offer CPR classes upon request.
- In cooperation with American Red Cross, we provide a smoke detector giveaway program and installation, if needed.