Summary of the regular meeting of the Tate Township trustees held September 12, 2023.
These are not the approved minutes of the meeting. They are unofficial notes. Trustees Gary Reed, Bob Redden, and John Wilson were present for the meeting.
The official meeting minutes from August 8, 2023 were approved.
After a few resolutions to approve for meeting minutes, bills, and payroll, Gary Reed reminded the residents in attendance about resolution 6132-20 that the trustees unanimously approved on 6/13/23. Public Participation At Township Business Meeting
The August department reports:
- Cemetery Report: There were 10 burials, 10 foundations ordered amd 11 graves sold (6 in township/5 out of township sales). They poured 14 footers with 6 more to be poured soon. They finished grading section 23. This section has turned out to look really good with plenty of grade now that the work has been completed. The new Gator has arrived and they are using the old Gator for the cemetery concrete work vehicle.
- Road Report: Ed was able to get 100 tons of blacktop grindings delivered and donated from Brown County Construction from a job. Ed also got 120 tons of clean limestone donated to be used for the township road birming projects. The maintenance crew has been Duropatching the township roads. They had to take down 3 trees and the BTFD used the ladder truck to assist them with one.
- Deputy Report: Deputy Pike handled 79 calls, took 19 reports, made 4 criminal arrests, conducted 42 investigations, closed 22 reports, and assisted other departments 21 times. He participated in August in Burke Park for the National Night Out for youths.
- BTFD Report: BTFD Sep 2023 Update Total calls for August were 163. There were 43 fire calls, with 5 structure fires. The crews did an excellent job. Total fire loss was $7,100.00 and total saved was $258,000.00. No new hydrants have been installed last month by Tate Monroe Water. The Duke Bethel/Batavia gas pipeline is on schedule to be wrapped up in October. The levy for the BT fire department are almost finished. The goal is to have them mailed to all residents by October 1st. Levy signs will be out in October as well. Action was taken on a resignation, 2 hires, and a fire cadet. This puts the cadet number up to 10 which is just were we want to be. With the several structure fires lately in Tate Township, the Chief complimented the department with “very good fire knockdowns on all occasions minimizing the fire loss on all 3 structures.”
- Zoning Report: Rob reported both July and August activities. There were 9 permits that included 1 home occupancy, 1 pole barn/garage, 2 room additions, 1 inground pool, 2 garages, 2 single family dwellings, and 1 variance. Rob suggested that the complaints he receives should be reported on a form for clarity, paper trail, and his organization. He has a draft that he will finalize and post to the website. This process should help the residents.
- The trustees asked Alex from Choice One to come to the meetingto answer questions about the draft of the Alternate Energy: Solar resolution. The trustees brought up a few minor changes they would like to see done. Alex said that he could complete the changes by the end of week so the the trustees could get legal counsel to review it.
- After public participation, the meeting was adjourned at 8:46pm.
- The next meeting will be October 10, 2023 at 7:00pm.