Summary of the regular meeting of the Tate Township trustees, held December 13, 2022.
All trustees and the fiscal officer were present for the meeting. The official November 2022 meeting minutes were approved, Nov 8 2022 Trustee Mtg
Department reports for Nov./2022:
- Zoning- There were 4 permits and 1 variance issued. Permits were for 1 garage, 1 pole barn, 1 Acc bldg, 1 sign, and 1 variance for placement of a garage.
- Deputy reported- He handled 79 calls, took 18 reports, had 1 accident report, assisted other departments 29 times, conducted 29 investigations, closed 21 reports, and recovered $9,930 in stolen property. He also assisted the Bethel Police with the Down Home Christmas festivities.
- BTFD reported 156 total calls, 108 were EMS and 48 were fire responses.They averaged 1 1/2 minutes to get out the door and 5 minutes to be on the scene. Assistant Chief Dave Long will be retiring, officially in February 2023 with his last day to be in January, 2023. The application process is now closed. The next Asst. Chief will be sworn in at a trustee meeting. The reporting system used to track and bill for EMS no longer meets ther minimum requirements. To convert to the new reporting system, BTFD will need to purchase 3 new tablets. BTFD Dec 2022 Update
- Cemetery report- There were 8 burials, 4 graves sold, and 1 footer ordered. The ne memorial shelter was started and Trustee Bob Redden will submit the bills for the grant reimbursement.
- Roads report- They set one culvert on Patterson Rd. They will be putting up reflectors on the township roads for the snow plow turn-around areas.
- The next regular meeting will be January 10, 2023 at 7:00PM.