Summary of the regular meeting of the Tate Township trustees that was held November 08, 2022.
All trustees and the fiscal officer were present for the meeting. The official October 2022 meeting minutes were approved, Oct 11 2022 Trustee Mtg
Department reports from October 2022:
- Bethel-Tate Fire Department reported there were 43 fire dept. calls and 108 EMS calls with $0 fire loss. No structure fires. The BTFD really appreciates ODOT paving of 125, the roads are now in much better condition. The newly striped fire truck was paid for with BTFD funds and not with taxpayer dollars. The BTFD Nov 2022 Update.
- Cemetery reported 11 burials, 4 foundations ordered, and 2 out of township grave sales. With the cost of concrete going up in January, they intend to begin the shelter (approximately 32 x 60ft.) soon. They received 14 loads of reclaim paving to be used for the shelter parking lot.
- Roads report: They have continued the ditching, set 3 township culverts on Hoover Rd. and 2 culverts on Shayler Rd.
- Zoning report: There is a variance meeting scheduled for a garage to be built 6 feet in front of the house. 12 permits were issued for 2 inground pools, 5 single family dwellings, 1 porch, 2 garages, 1 solar panels, and 1 room addition.
- Deputy stats: Deputy Pike handled 72 calls, took 17 reports, responded to 1 accident,served 4 warrants, assisted other departments 18 times, conducted 22 investigations, and closed 20 reports.
- The trustees want to remind residents to contact ODOT for any concerns about the state roads such as St Rt 125, St Rt 222, St Rt 232, and St Rt 133. For example, a resident asked that a turn lane be put in where St Rt 125 intersects Crane Schoolhouse Rd. and Macedonia Rd. This request would need to be sent to ODOT because it involves a state route. The township’s ability to maintain roads, pave, ditch, and replace culverts only applies to the township owned roads. The other roads are either private, village of Bethel, county, or state roads. A complete chart of the township roads can be found HERE on the Tate Township Roads & Maintenance page.
- The December trustee meeting will be on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM.