Summary of the regular meeting of the Tate Township trustees that was held September 13, 2022.
All trustees and the fiscal officer were present for the meeting. The official Aug 2022 minutes were approved. Aug 09 2022 Trustee mtg
- Deputy Eric Pike brought Deputy D. Bailey, an officer in training, to the meeting. In the month of August he responded to 79 calls, made 15 traffic stops, served 2 warrants, and assisted 19 other departments. During one of Pike’s calls to a farm injury situation, Dep. Pike told the trustees how impressive it was that off duty BTFD staff heard the call and responded to help, even bringing their own equipment to help.
- The trustees have had calls about large amounts of field grass blown onto the road. Dep. Pike suggested that residents call him when they encounter dangerous amounts of debris on the road.
- Cemetery- August report- There were 5 footers ordered, 5 graves sold (3 in township/ 2 out of township), 4 funerals were held on Saturdays, and they formed and poured 13 footers.
- Roads- August report- They replaced 2 culverts on Sugartree Rd,continue to ditch on Pitzer Rd, and have been patching with the Duropatcher machine.The fire department helped by using the water truck to blow out 2 resident culverts to open them up so they did not need replaced. The blacktopping is completed on Sprague Rd. The trustees approved outsourcing the work to re-open 200 feet of Kelch road to connect a resident’s easement.
- Bethel-Tate Fire Department- August report- They made a total of 164 calls, with 36 fire calls, $14,000 in fire damage, and $96,000 in property saved.. There was 1 civilian fire injury. There were 128 EMS calls. They responded to a triple fatality on 125. September report on August 2022: BTFD Sep 2022 Update. Rick told the trustees that we have a great grant writer Mickey Smith. He got the BTFD the SAFER grant, only the 3rd department in the state of Ohio to receive the grant. The department will purchase a storage rack for the gator to hold equipment during rescues.
- Next regular meeting is October 11, 2022 at 7:00 pm.
Summary of the special meeting of the Tate Township trustees that was held September 1, 2022.
All trustees and the fiscal officer were present for the meeting. The official 9/1/22 minutes are linked HERE
The meeting was held in public with the township lawyer attending to go over the resolution presented by the solar panel company and Clermont County Commissioners. The resolution contains the terms of the maintenance of the township and county roads during both the construction period and the deconstruction period.