Summary of the organizational and regular meeting of the Tate Township trustees that was held February 8, 2022.
- The Regular meeting started at 7:00 pm with all trustees present.
- Public comments: A resident brought the trustees noise ordinances from other townships because he has noisy neighbors. There was discussion and Deputy Pike asked him to call when the noise was loud and he would help start the complaint process.
- BTFD report January 2022- There were 148 calls total, 108 EMS calls, 40 fire calls with an average 1.2 minutes out the door. Fire loss on Brown Street was $6500, where an attic fire was out out. Property saved was $187,000. In reference to the recent winter ice storm, the department received many compliments on the condition of the township roads versus county and state maintained roads. Both the maintenance and BTFD staff remained in contact to coordinate the 42 “tree down” calls.
- Jerry Welch, with his family in attendance, was sworn in by Chief Stowell as the new Captain of the Bethel-Tate Fire Department.
Captain Welch was brought on staff with the BTFD in October of 1982.
- Maintenance report January 2022- The cemetery had 11 burials, sold 2 foundations, sold 6 graves and bought back 6 gravesites from families no longer needing or wanting them. The roads were salted 7 times and plowed 4 times. There is still salt in storage but more has been ordered. There are still several trees that they are aware of that are still in the township roads right of way needing to be cut and cleared. they are attending to them as soon as possible. There was a question about the resident and township costs for private road culvert replacement, the trustees decided to table the discussion until the next meeting.
- The 2022 Tate Township Clean Up dates were decided at the meeting to be Friday, June 10, 2022 and Saturday, June 11, 2022 from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm both days. Verification of township residency will be required.
- Zoning January 2022 report- There were permits issued for 3 garages, 2 sheds, 3 single family dwellings, 2 solar panel installations, and 1 land usage. Zoning changes were approved for J.Carver at his business and E.White for a storage unit proposal.
- The trustees went into executive session at 8:12 pm.
- The next regular meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 7:00 pm.