Summary of the September 2020 meeting of the Tate Township Trustees:
The Tate Township Trustees’ regular meeting was held on September 8, 2020, with all trustees present.
- Zoning reported 10 new permits issued.
- BTFD reported 147 calls in August, 39 fire, and 108 ambulance runs. The new tanker truck is nearing completion. The parking lot project, grant-funded, is expected to begin in mid-September. In other grant news, the new fire hoses will be ordered soon. Another round of COVID-19 reimbursement money will be coming to the department to be used towards the touch-free towel dispenser, A recent storm caused 2 large trees to damage the BTFD fence. Insurance will cover the replacement. Find a copy of Rick Stowell’s BTFD Sep 2020 Update here: BTFD August 2020 Update
- Cemetery report: 8 burials in August, 19 foundations ordered, 3 pre-paid open/closes, and 12 graves sold (1 was out-of-township). The East fork State Park has received a grant that they would like to use to replace fencing at the old church cemetery
- Next meeting, October 13, 2020.
- Approved August 10, 2020 meeting minutes HERE