In the May 14, 2019 regular meeting of the Tate Township Trustees, all trustees were present and Greg Burns ran the meeting.
- Cemetery – In April there were 6 burials, 9 foundations ordered, and 4 grave plots (2 in-township & 2 out of-township) sold. People who walk their dogs in the cemetery are asked to please clean-up after their pets.
- Roads & Maintenance- The salt bin is finished with the tarp on the top. There are concerns that children are playing on top of the pile and could get injured. The trustees suggested that a sign be placed by the salt bin to say “Keep Off”. The road department will need to order about $2500 in culvert pipes to restock for this year.
- Township Officer- In April there were 71 calls, 33 reports written, 11 warrants served, and recovered $500 worth of stolen property. The call volume has been increasing and the property crimes and burglaries is not increasing.
- Fire Department & EMS- In April, there were 130 total runs (30 fire & 100 EMS). Response time is good. The parking lot grant is waiting on the environmental study which will be done in July. Bids will then go out and it may be next year before the work is started.
- The quarter auction held by the Ladies Auxiliary brought in $2727 profit which will be used to purchase a big sceen TV to replace the message board.
- Planning & Zoning- 5 permits were issued in April. They are working on a discrepancy in address numbers on township roads.
- Reminder that the 2019 Tate Township clean-up days are June 21st & 22nd.